THE "STANDING O"… your Sales Presentation needs to be capable of generating a standing ovation every time you are "on stage". Recently while practicing for a Seminar I watched myself walking around my office repeating out loud the words I wanted my audience to hear. It was rough at the start. It made me laugh as I realized that in order to produce a great finished product, you really have to "smooth out the rough edges" first. It took a bit of work to make it great. How great is your Sales Presentation right now? Here's 2 quotes to make you think about that question:
1. "People only change when the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the perceived pain of making that change." – Bruce Keith
2. "You never know what you can do until you have to do it." – Betty Ford
Superstars are always making changes to their Sales Presentation. They are always refining it, honing it, and practicing it. It's a never-ending exercise.
Here is your ACTION STEP… let's look at your current Sales Presentation. No matter what state it is in, it can always get better. Here's a plan for you to revamp your performance:
1. Take your plan and lay it out sequentially on a big table. Be able to step back and look at it "from 10,000 feet"
2. What is the principal message you want to convey? What is your ultimate goal?
3. Does it flow smoothly, are there lots of visuals or is it all words?
4. Does the content have enough stories in it to hold your Customer's attention? Is there a good mixture of logic and emotion?
5. Where might it get bogged down with too much detail? Can it be shortened up in certain areas?
6. After making these changes, read it out loud several times. Start to get comfortable with the package you have created
7. Get a third-party to critique you on two fronts… your delivery & the content. Make the necessary changes
8. Now that you have a finished product, you can really start practicing. Do it over and over until you know it backwards.
It's Showtime! You are now ready to go on tour. You are now ready to receive that "Standing O" night after night. Remember that your presentation always needs to be revised, enhanced, and improved upon. Never let it get stale. Be so excited about what you are going to show your prospects that you can say…"Geeez, I am good…I wish I was them so I could watch me present!" Keep improving your act and they will always show up. NO Excuses.