WHICH PATH ARE YOU ON?… In the midst of my Coaching and Seminars I frequently have conversations with Salespeople who tell me that… "Things aren't the way they used to be. All the things I used to do don't work so well anymore. Do you think that the business has passed me by?". This is an interesting question. It's not so much that "the business has passed me by"…it's more that a lot of things have changed. As the expression goes… "Driving with your eyes on the rearview mirror is difficult at best".
Here is your ACTION STEP… we do not live in a static world. Rather, business is changing at an incredible pace. Look at some of the things that have changed:
1. The Consumer "wants information much faster".
2. Information is dramatically more available from a variety of sources.
3. Customer loyalty has declined significantly (at least until you develop a relationship).
4. The Consumer has many more options… competition is sharper.
5. The Internet is now a dominant part of the Selling and Buying process.
Two more things that have changed on a Personal level:
6. You are older, more experienced, and possibly less tolerant with age.
7. Your priorities have changed. No matter your age, what you wanted yesterday is not necessarily what you want today.
As silly as it sounds, there were people in 1900 who felt that the automobile would never replace the horse. 100 years from now there will be individuals who will look back and make the same sort of judgements about some of us. Here is the question: "Are you working the old way or are you working the new way?". The best thing you can do is be open minded, enjoy the excitement of what is happening around you, and adapt. One Final Thought… just make sure you are not "So busy Communicating with people in high volume that you are forgetting to Connect with people on a Personal level". Sales is still A People Business. Don't forget to get your face in front of your Customers as often as possible. NO Excuses.