As a reminder, here are 12 great reasons for “listing your property this year”…
Why List During the Holidays?
1. Buyers who are looking in December are typically very serious Buyers.
2. Smaller supply for Buyers to choose from… better odds than at any other time of the year for a Seller.
3. Number of homes for sale in January will increase dramatically.
4. A home that is decorated for the Holidays shows very well!
5. Holiday emotionalism is also at a peak for Buyers… more open to higher prices.
6. Buyers looking during the Holidays typically have more time to look for a home then they do during a normal working week.
7. Significant percentage of Buyers must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons. Often times in the case of a transfer, the buying decision must be “on the books” by the end of December.
8. January is oftentimes the month for transferees to begin jobs. Homes must be on the market earlier to be available for those individuals.
9. You can restrict showings at peak times of the month. Minimizes the inconvenience factor.
10. Sell now for more money and arrange a longer closing. This will allow you to have a larger selection to choose from in the new year.
11. Sell now, become a firm Buyer and strengthen your negotiating position when the supply increases in the new year.
12. Possible increase in interest rates can negatively affect prices.
Remember there is lots of business available in the last part of the year…go after your share (or more) aggressively. You will be helping your clients in a way they may not have believed is possible. NO Excuses.