Here is some great news… Going after listings for the last 60 days of the year is a great time to help those motivated sellers and buyers who “need a nudge”.
Many Salespeople slow down near the end of the year – that’s a mistake. There are lots of opportunities to help your customers take advantage of some significant benefits for year-end selling or buying.
Here’s a great list to help your prospects in a win – win situation. Go for it… Wrap up your year with some added successes!
- Buyers who are looking in December are typically very serious Buyers.
- Smaller supply for Buyers to choose from… better odds than at any other time of the year for a Seller.
- Number of homes for sale in January will increase dramatically.
- A home that is decorated for the Holidays shows very well!
- Holiday emotionalism is also at a peak for Buyers… more open to higher prices.
- Buyers looking during the Holidays typically have more time to look for a home then they do during a normal working week.
- Significant percentage of Buyers must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons. Often times in the case of a transfer, the buying decision must be “on the books” by the end of December.
- January is oftentimes the month for transferees to begin jobs. Homes must be on the market earlier to be available for those individuals.
- You can restrict showings at peak times of the month. Minimizes the inconvenience factor.
- Sell now for more money and arrange a longer closing. This will allow you to have a larger selection to choose from in the new year.
- Sell now, become a firm Buyer and strengthen your negotiating position when the supply increases in the new year.
- Possible increase in interest rates can negatively affect prices.