REPORTING STRUCTURE… traditional business operates under a well-defined reporting structure. Fred reports to Bob who reports to Martha, etc. etc. etc. The fact is nowadays traditional business isn’t traditional anymore! Many professions do not really have a reporting structure. The advent of the Independent Contractor changed all that. People want to be entrepreneurial… to be “my own boss”. Being your own boss allows you to do whatever you want, whenever you want. This allows for innovation and rapid growth. Of course with any change there are downsides too. When no one is holding us accountable it is much easier to lose our drive, our desire to succeed, our motivation!
Here is your ACTION STEP… when you have become your own boss, you take on the responsibility of “Being Your Own Sales Manager”. Sales Managers are supposed to motivate their Salespeople. Sales Managers are supposed to inspire their Salespeople and hold them accountable. If you are your own Sales Manager… how do you stay focused and on track? Here are some questions to help you:
1. Is it time to revise your personal goals again? How current are they?
2. Do you have a project in your personal life that inspires you?
3. Do you look in the mirror and feel excited about who you see?
4. Who is your mentor? Who inspires you? Do you have a Coach?
5. Acid Test Question: What activity have you been avoiding that would literally change your life?
Most people say, “Change is hard”. I’m here to be a little bit in-your-face and say that “staying the same is a lot harder“. So take a deep breath, swallow hard, and work at getting motivated even more! You deserve that much. NO Excuses.