WHAT IF…?… Here is an interesting question for you… What if I followed you around all day today, if I "shadowed" you what would I see? Would I see a productive individual or would I see someone out of control? For some Salespeople this is a very scary question. The reason it is scary is because if you knew I was going to be watching you, you might have to change the way you were going to do things. Here's another way to look at it…
If I was going to be following you around all day, what would you do differently?
Here is your ACTION STEP… as a Salesperson, Coach, and Trainer for the past 40+ years I have followed Salespeople around many times. Without exception, at the end of the day every Salesperson told me that in fact they did "operate differently today". Here's what they told me…
WHAT I DID DIFFERENTLY
1. I got started earlier
2. I had my activities in order before I started… I planned my day better
3. I didn't chat with the people in my office… they weren't buying anything
4. I moved faster between calls
5. I prospected a lot more than I usually do
6. I stuck to my scripts and dialogs better… not so much idle chatter
7. I didn't pay attention to any rejection I received… I just said NEXT!
8. I made a lot more calls than I usually do
9. I didn't take nearly as much time at lunch
10. Once I made a few calls my confidence level was higher than normal, I handled objections better, I closed more often and I did more business. It was fun!
11. I felt really good at the end of the day… I realized I am pretty good at this business… no more drama for me!
Starting today why not operate at this level all the time? Assume I am looking over your shoulder, assume I am Coaching you and evaluating your performance. As a Sales Professional you can continually review your own performance… how you look, how you act, how you think, and what you say. The truth is someone IS looking over your shoulder every day. Your Customers are evaluating you. They are the ones that sign your paycheck based on their evaluation of your performance. Be at your best… it's much more fun that way! NO Excuses.