YES OR NO?!!!..all Salespeople have three types of Prospects… type #1) we want to buy right now; type #2) we do not want to buy; & type #3) we can't make up our mind. It's much easier to deal with categories #1 & #2. It's the people who "can't make up their mind" that you need to become skilled at moving through quickly.
Here is your ACTION STEP… the following are some great questions you must ask those Procrastinating Prospects:
1. What is the next step for you?
2. When you suppose you will be making a decision?
3. What's preventing you from going ahead right now?
4. What would have to happen so that you could take action today?
And the best one of all (write this one down!!)…
5. How will you decide if you are going to buy or not?
Critical Point: there are two reasons why you want to ask these questions:
1. Help them decide if they really are "prepared to Take Action or just not ready yet".
2. Help you decide if this is a 30 Day Lead or a long-term lead (or a complete waste of time).
Regardless, make a commitment today to stop working with "Time Vampires". Remember you are not running a Non-Profit Organization. You can do that in your spare time to help the less fortunate. For your business career, help those who need to be helped and throw away the ones that don't. Ask the right questions so you can decide who deserves your time. NO Excuses.