SMOOTH… The Grammy Award-Winning #1 Record of the Year in 2000 was performed by vocalist Rob Thomas and guitar impresario Carlos Santana. It was simply titled… “Smooth”. Predictably, the lyrics were about an individual who did everything right, looked good and generally speaking was… very smooth. There are Salespeople who are like that. They are “smooth” in all the right ways. They seem to move in a different stratosphere when it comes to Sales and Sales results.
Here is your ACTION STEP… so what are some of the behind the scenes “smooth” items that the Superstars do naturally? Outside of looking good and making all the right moves… what are some of those secret items that can turn the tide for you?
Secret Smooth Items
1. Asking for referrals every time
2. Asking for and setting that appointment date sooner
3. Deciding on a lead follow-up date after every contact
4. Following up their leads on the exact date they chose earlier
5. Digging much deeper when prequalifying
6. Writing out their objection handlers… not winging it
7. Always working on being a great presenter
8. Learning to close naturally as the result of a great presentation
9. Very clear written personal goals (reviewed daily)
10. Working intensely 5 ½ days a week + always planning their time off
The “smooth” part is very misleading. Sales Superstars are never “overnight successes”. Always be growing and you will always be succeeding at a higher level. As Darren Hardy says in his bestseller, The Compound Effect… “It’s the little things that inevitably and predictably contribute to your success. Making the right choices on an ongoing basis add up incredibly over time”. Are you making the right choices? What could you change to help you be “smooth”? NO Excuses.