"HOW'S IT GOING"… is a very common question that all Salespeople need to answer on an ongoing basis. People always ask us that. Our typical answer is… "It's Going Great! I'm Really Busy!". That's a pretty standard response and it really doesn't say much. The truth is, most of the people that are asking you that question don't want a detailed answer anyway. My question for you is… "Are you really busy doing Busy Work or are you really busy working on your Hot Leads?" What are you working on? Busy Work or Hot Leads?
Here is your ACTION PLAN… too often we become "seduced" by how hard we're working and forget the purpose of the exercise….ie: create Sales volume this month. There are two major components to Success in Sales:
Component #1. You have to work hard every day (no surprises here!)
Component #2. Your Hard Work must be focused on your Hot Leads List
Once you have decided to do #1, then you can go to #2. Here's how:
1. Make a short list of your Hot Leads (prepared to do business in the next 30 days)
2. Keep this list with you at all times… be honest, "Is my list long enough to meet my goals?" (this is a critical question, if not…see #5 below)
3. Make sure there is a specific Follow-Up Date written down for each prospect
4. Call them on the day you said you were going to… no procrastination allowed
5. If your list is too short… set aside 1 to 2 hours every day to find additions, there are people out there that need you!
This process needs to be repeated over and over. Commit to being more than "I'm really busy". Commit to being busy with great Prospects… your Hot Leads. Avoid being one of those who works hard 12 months a year and has very little to show for it. The alternative is yours for the asking! NO Excuses.