THINK IT OVER… one of the most common objections that Salespeople get is when the client says, "We want to think it over before we sign the contract.". This is always a frustrating response because it doesn't give us a clear objection to handle. First of all I am here to tell you that "think it over" is NOT an objection. It is a stall tactic. Sometimes the prospect does not even know where they stand.�
Here is your ACTION STEP… there are several answers to "We want to think it over". Here is one of the best:
1. "I understand and it's obvious that this is a major decision for you, right?
2. It's important that what you decide is based on what you need, isn't it?
3. First of all… just so I am clear,… let me ask you, do you feel I can sell your home?�
4. Great, then let's do this, I don't mind… let's sign the contract tonight, based on your approval within the next 24 hours. That way you can't lose…may I explain?
5. There's no pressure here, you can sleep on it tonight and when you feel comfortable about your decision…I'll call you in the morning. At that point you can simply tell me yes… or no.�
6. If you say no, I will rip up the contract… no obligation. If you say yes… I will begin marketing your home immediately.
7. Let's go ahead and start the paperwork so you can get on with your life, okay? Sign here."
This approach is very powerful once you make it conversational. It truly is a "no risk" decision for your customer. Experience has proven that less than 10% of the clients change their mind the next day. Just another great script for your arsenal. Print it out. Practice it, get comfortable, be confident. NO Excuses.