TO SERVE AND PROTECT… is the well known motto for many police departments. A two-pronged approach, it explains the benefits of looking after others while at the same time making sure everyone is safe. There is an ironic parallel to the Sales Business in this phrase of "serve and protect". It takes on a different slant in the Sales context. How so? The "serving" part is pretty straightforward – to help others get what they want, at a minimum of cost, with a minimum of complications. The irony comes in the "protect" part. Here's a question for you as a Salesperson… how much of your time and effort goes into protecting yourself from the things you fear? Everybody has fears, it's how you deal with them that really matters. How debilitating are they?
Here is your ACTION STEP… what are you protecting yourself against? What's holding you back? Remember that acronym F.E.A.R…. false evidence appearing real? Here are some of the most common fears that Salespeople spend time protecting themselves against…
THE MOST COMMON SALES FEARS
1. If I close 5 to 7 times they will think I am "pushy" and go away
2. If I prequalify before I go on the appointment I might find out they are not motivated
3. If I follow a daily schedule my life will be boring
4. If I am successful my contemporaries will think I have a big ego
5. If I do my lead generating in the morning no one will be home
6. If I ask for referrals people will think I am desperate
7. If I get someone to hold me accountable they will make me change everything I do
8. If I write out my personal goals and I don't make one of them, I will have failed
9. If I prospect every day I won't be able to handle all the leads
When you spend time protecting yourself from the things you fear, it makes it much more difficult for you to have time to serve your Customers. By eliminating your fears, the need to protect goes away. Once the need to protect yourself disappears, 2 major benefits immediately appear: #1. You are much more comfortable in your role, your confidence increases exponentially & #2. You will do a lot more business because you are spending all your time serving vs. protecting. Franklin Delano Roosevelt's famous quote, "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself" says it all. Have a look at which false beliefs (fears) are holding you back. You really don't need to protect yourself any longer. You are just fine the way you are! NO Excuses.
FREE Webinar Today at 11:00 am EST Register Here!