"TAKE ONE A DAY"…the Bayer Group Pharmaceutical company has a series of products on the market that they have been marketing for successfully for years. This product line is called… "One-A-Day Multivitamins". Their marketing thrust is based on the premise of keeping it simple… "take one of these pills every day and you will be healthier".
A very powerful premise. It's not that difficult to take one pill a day. Just do what they tell you with very little inconvenience and you will end up better off. They always show pictures of healthy, happy, energetic individuals going through life without a care in the world! Unrealistic?… perhaps a little bit but at the same time the concept makes a lot of sense.
Here is your ACTION STEP…In the Business of Sales there is a huge list of "One-A-Day" items that if performed consistently would make you wildly successful. The key is to pick a few of these "multivitamins", make them part of your routine, and start doing them automatically. Things like…
THE POWER OF ONE-A-DAY
- Send a handwritten and personal thank you note to a customer
- Ask the next person you meet for a referral
- Practice using open questions (They start with… who, what, where, how, when, and why?) vs. yes/no questions
- Take a 10 minute walk just by yourself and breathe deeply while doing so
- Add one more person to your past clients and center of influence list
- Listen to 15 minutes of inspirational material in your car instead of music
- Set one sales appointment every day
- Tell a loved one… "I love you"
- Find out something you didn't know about one of your employees or customers or coworkers
- Say no to a second helping at meal time (especially supper!)
- Make one more sales call when you have decided you are done for the day
- Do something nice for someone, even if it's just holding open a door
- The next time you catch yourself using the word "try"… eliminate it! Just go ahead and do it
As a reminder, the Power of One-A-Day comes from the cumulative effect of building on something worthwhile. Two great books on this topic which are "must reads" for your Sales Business are… #1. "The Power of Habit" by Charles Duhigg & #2. "The Compound Effect" by Darren Hardy. Entertaining, informative, and extremely worthwhile. They outline the benefits and the need for following the One-A-Day philosophy. Here's your homework… pick three simple things from the above list (or your own list) and do them at least once every day from now on. NO Excuses.