IT IS VERY PREDICTABLE… there is an interesting adage that says… “Your income is the average of the earnings of the five people you associate with most frequently”. In most cases it proves to be true! Like attracts like and similar interests attract similar interests. So how to get to the next level?
One thing for sure…Top Performers didn’t get there by spending all their time with unsuccessful people! Some questions:
1. Am I satisfied with my sales results and my current income?
2. If not, am I spending time with people who do more than I?
Seems like a pretty simple formula, doesn’t it? Raise the bar and over time your income will migrate to the average of your new associates. When you think about it, this formula should work very simply for other things you might want to change.
Here is your ACTION STEP… where else could you raise the bar to help you achieve your overall goals? Some ideas:
1. Increase the quality of the potential customers you are prospecting and you will make more money.
2. Increase the price range of the product you are selling and you will make more money.
3. Increase your skills and you will make more money (how you practice, how often you practice, who you practice with).
4. Upgrade yourself (appearance, attitude, confidence) and you will attract better customers… and you will make more money.
Some of these ideas may seem like major surgery. “Geeez Bruce…does that mean I have to get rid of all my friends and family and the people in my office to be more successful?” No it does not… it means you have to look at the common denominators of: 1. Who you associate with, 2. Who you are prospecting, & 3. How you present yourself. Be brutally honest with yourself… does my current strategy support where I want to go? Raising the bar doesn’t have to be all that difficult, as a matter of fact… it can be very liberating! NO Excuses.