Consider this thought…“Being busy doesn’t equal being productive”
Often in the midst of a Coaching session I will hear the following statement… “Well you know Bruce, it isn’t like I haven’t been working… seems to me lately I’m going at it seven days a week!”
Sometimes when your production suffers it’s not because you haven’t been working hard enough, it’s because you haven’t been working on the right things consistently. For the next 5 days take on this challenge. Decide to be more productive than any other week so far this year. Here’s a 5 step plan to make that happen:
1. Decide specifically what you want to accomplish in the next week. It could be the # of new leads generated, or # of appointments completed, or # of listings taken, etc. Make it easily measurable.
2. Make your target do-able “with a stretch”. More importantly, make it something over which you have 100% control. Only include items that you personally can influence.
3. Keep it simple and write your 2 – 3 items down in big letters on a piece of paper and stick it on the wall. Make it the first thing you see every time you walk in your office.
4. Remind yourself 3 times a day what it is you have to accomplish before the week is done. Get used to saying NO to all the other things that get in the way. Don’t let the usual “yeah buts” have any power.
5. IMPORTANT…Don’t overthink it. Simply put…”Just do it”. Your fears have ZERO power!.
Keep track of how you’re doing and make sure that before you finish the week you have reached your target. Don’t forget to include your personal health (exercise and eating habits) as part of your regimen. It all contributes to making this an amazing week for you! Good luck and be productive. NO Excuses.
PS…what target “with a stretch” did you decide on for the next week? Let us know in the comments area below.
Just one more way to help make you better”. Bruce Keith