THE SHINY SHOES…here's a great question for you… if you were to compare your business operation to a pair of shoes, how shiny would they be? One of the many bright lights in my Coaching roster recently compared her business to a pair of shiny shoes. She said "I want them to look like patent leather… not something that I have to ' spit and shine' every morning". So what does your business look like?… Patent leather or spit and shine?
Here is your ACTION STEP… "spit and shine" means that you are always cleaning up your operation instead of always being in "ready mode". Here is the right approach…the "patent leather" approach:
1. You exercise five times a week so your energy is at its best.
2. You fill your mind with positive influences every day (CDs, books, etc.).
3. You practice your scripts and dialogs daily so your customers see you at your finest.
4. Your materials, your attitude, and your appearance are always top-notch.
5. You always "get ready" the night before so you are off and running on time every day.
6. You have a Sense of Urgency in everything you do. People are attracted to your energy!
These are the things a Superstar does every day. Have a look at your "shoes". You may not need to replace them but if you look at the above list, you may need to give them a good "polish". Do what you need to do to stand out… the rewards will be huge! NO Excuses.