SIX SECRETS OF THE SUCCESSFUL HOME SELLER… some great ideas sent to me from veteran Salesperson, Debby Crane of RE/MAX Properties, Saddle River, New Jersey (201-825-6600). She calls them the "6 C's". The Seller must……
1. Commit to the Process– be committed to the exercise of selling your home. Make it available as much as possible, keep it presentable, keep an open mind when offers are presented.
2. Change Your Mindset– be it objective about your home, think like a Buyer and do not be attached to the emotionalism of selling one of your most valuable assets.
3. Constructively Criticize – consider hiring a professional Stager. Present your home at its best, remember we do not live the way a Buyer expects it to look.
4. Consider Your "Team"– let your Salesperson use their resources to make things move as smoothly as possible. Everything from handy-men, legal advice, financing ideas, professional photography, stagers, pre-inspection, etc.
5. Competitive Pricing Strategy– understand the market, understand your competition, and most of all… understand how Buyers make their decisions.
6. Consistency in the Process– the price you get for your home today will be more than the price you will get after sitting on the market for six months! Keep your home in the best condition possible, you only get one chance to make a first impression with each Buyer.
If you are looking for a different approach to show your Sellers, showing them the above six points might be a terrific strategy to help them understand how to reach their goals faster. Great Salespeople already know that PRICE is very important. At the same time, the Seller needs to know that you have other strategies in mind… share your knowledge by offering these six ideas. NO Excuses.