5 TRAPS… recently, tennis star Roger Federer hired a new Coach. Roger decided group coaching in office that he needed to change his results.
As his new Coach shared with the press, “Roger’s ego is not so big that he can’t use some reminders and tips on how to improve on many of the things he already knows”. So why would the #4 ranked tennis player in the world need to be reminded of what he “already knows”?
Here is your ACTION STEP… after 15 years of doing Coaching calls I am convinced that there are very few Basics. Most Salespeople already know 90% of what they have to do…it is not rocket science…selling is mostly common sense and good communication. So then you ask… “Bruce, I already know most of this stuff, why do I need you to remind me?” Why?…because like Roger Federer, sometimes you get a bit rusty.
Here’s some traps that all Salespeople fall into periodically
- You resist rejection so you don’t prospect.
- You cut corners to get there faster and it hurts your production in the long run.
- You forget to use proven techniques that worked for you in the past.
- You don’t like to be held accountable (even though you say you do).
- You get busy and then the routine that got you there suffers.
How many times have you said to yourself… “I know what to do, I just gotta do it“? Those that are always growing recognize that the above five points are holding them back. You can’t afford to keep on doing it all yourself. This is where excellent Coaching will help.