UGH!!! Let me explain.
Here is your ACTION STEP… Brian said that every day we should identify our least appealing task and get it out of the way first. So as he said, "If you had to eat a live frog every day (UGH!)… DO IT FIRST THING so that you can get on with the rest of your day and not fuss with it anymore". Interesting approach and it definitely offers some excellent benefits. Here's some great questions to consider:
1. What's the least appealing task I MUST complete today? What's my live frog?
2. If I don't do it, will my day really be complete? How will it feel when I know I underachieved?
3. If I do it, how will I feel at the end of the day? How much better will it feel when I can say "I did my job today"?
4. Why not take a deep breath, suck it up, and Eat That Frog first thing?
5. What could I do to set up every day so that the "frog part" is over with by noon at the latest?
6. What "frogs" do I consistently avoid eating?
One of the most common frogs all Salespeople avoid eating is Lead Generation/Prospecting. Sound familiar? It's critical that you load up your conveyor belt everyday. Do you need to talk to more people? How about this mantra… "A frog first thing, keeps me feeling good all day".