A man without enthusiasm is like an automobile without gasoline”. There are three kinds of Enthusiasm:
1. Enthusiasm that attracts people
2. Enthusiasm that repels people
3. Enthusiasm that seems nonexistent
My belief is that Enthusiasm is an “earned skill”. As a powerful Salesperson, you want to make sure that your brand of Enthusiasm is the one that “attracts people”. Here’s some ideas on how to develop “attractive Enthusiasm”:
1. Start by working on your Energy… exercise regularly, eat wisely, get lots of sleep. Make sure you “feel good” about yourself.
2. Start your day early so that you are not rushing around trying to catch up. Be in control.
3. Focus daily on your top Personal Goals. Be very clear on why you are doing the job you are doing.
4. Be well prepared for every Customer interaction during the day. This creates confidence and confidence creates Enthusiasm!
5. Laugh out loud at least five times every day. Humor and a “zest for life” are critical elements of Enthusiasm.
6. Always be on guard and protect your Mindset. Take on a personal philosophy that “the alternative to Enthusiasm is not acceptable”.
Jim Harbaugh also shared that his Dad told he and John two other things… #1. “Make sure your Enthusiasm is genuine“. & #2. “Always be yourself“. The main thing is to remember that people are attracted to Energy. People are attracted to Enthusiasm. As the joke goes, “How many people do you see crowded around a boring person at a cocktail party?”. Answer: “None!” Remember… Enthusiasm is an ‘earned skill’. Create “attractive Enthusiasm”. Put the effort into who you are being and Sales success will follow. NO Excuses.