MYTH BUSTERS… there is always some expert out there who tells you “how it should be done”. These “experts” have all the answers when it comes down to the rules you should follow in Sales. I call these rules….Sales Myths. Usually these “experts” don’t do much selling themselves. Usually, while these “experts” are telling you what you can’t do, someone else is out there proving them wrong and Doing It! That’s why they are just Myths.
Here are a few of those Sales Myths That It’s Okay to Bust…
1. Prospecting in the morning doesn’t work because no one is home. WRONG
2. Scripts sound canned. WRONG
3. Calling people and asking for business/referrals before 9:30 AM is invasive. WRONG
4. Prequalifying my prospects early in the process is invasive. I will ask those questions when I get to know them better. WRONG
5. Practicing my Presentation is unnecessary. My more “natural style” is better. WRONG
6. Asking for Referrals is “pushy”. If they have someone they will send them to me automatically. WRONG
Every one of the above Sales Myths are just that…Myths… they are not true. There are many Superstars out there right now doing the exact opposite. They are the “Myth Busters”. They succeed because they realize all the opportunities that are available by swimming upstream and getting out of the box. What Myths are you telling yourself that you need to “Bust”? NO Excuses.