Hmmmmm…I WONDER...here's some more items for you to ponder about your life and your Sales Business…
WHY IS IT THAT?
1. The only way to guarantee you will get busy is to get ready to go away on a trip in the next 2 days
2. Those in salaried positions think that Commissioned Salespeople golf all day
3. You have to be a contortionist to reach the toilet paper dispenser in your hotel bathroom
4. The things you fear the most are the things you should do next
5. Closing five times isn't as hard as you thought it was (once you do it, that is)
6. The only way to guarantee it will rain is to wash your car
7. Your assistant can't do it as well as you but it seems to work out most of the time anyway
8. Sometimes no matter what you do, how hard you try…some customers are never satisfied (a Hint: do you think there might be something else going on in their life that has nothing to do with you?)
9. You practice your listening skills every day but your spouse doesn't believe that it's working
10. Patience is a virtue except when you are stuck on hold on a "help line"
11. Bonus Point… the first prospecting call you make is always dramatically more difficult than the second, third, or fourth
Some things to think about. In reality, some of the anomalies you encounter every day do not make sense but they are surprisingly predictable. Something else is equally predictable… and much more comforting…there are certain fundamentals that when followed will provide great Sales Results. Stick with the basics, do the right things every day, and those "bumps in the road" will always be smoother. Have fun with your business, have fun with your life… laughter is much more acceptable than the alternative. NO Excuses.