MAKEOVER TIME…as you probably have noticed, Walmart has changed their logo. Very interesting. Not only have they done that, the next time you go in the store have a look at the location of the various departments. Many of them have been moved around. Why would one of the most successful retailers in the world change the formula has worked so well? There are two reasons: 1) The Consumer likes "new" more than they like "old"; & 2) Because a basic premise of business is that the competition is going to have trouble keeping up with a "moving target". Are you creating "new"? Are you creating a "moving target"?
Here is your ACTION STEP… perhaps it's time for you to consider an exciting "Makeover" of your business. Customers like a fresh, energetic approach. Give them what they want. Here are some Makeover ideas for you:
1. Should you get your picture redone (does it look remotely recent )? :)
2. Do you need to purchase a new wardrobe?
3. Update your listing presentation?
4. Is it time for a new logo? New advertising approach? Different media?
5. Is your daily schedule really do-able?
6. Should you pursue some new niche markets?
Caution… I am not talking about changing who you are or how you do things. Walmart did not change their basic premises of super customer service and low prices. They have just altered their "packaging". Consider your packaging, consider doing a Makeover for some facets of your business. It will rejuvenate you and attract very positive attention from the marketplace. NO Excuses!