SET YOURSELF FREE… keynote speaker Joe Calloway became famous as the result of an amazing presentation he made to the National Speakers Bureau a few years ago. The title of his speech was, “Let It Go!”. He talked about the excess baggage we all carry around that weighs us down and serves no benefit whatsoever. You know, those limiting beliefs that we have taken on over the years that are holding us back. Mr. Calloway suggested that “it is time to just let go of all that stuff”. It was a great speech. Joe provided one of those beautiful “AHA” moments that struck a chord with his audience for two reasons… his message was well laid out and as he shared in a later interview… “I spent a year perfecting that presentation”.
Salespeople carry around plenty of “baggage” that gets in the way of creating a smooth path to success. A multitude of limiting beliefs. Here’s some ideas of things you might want to consider discarding:
LET IT GO…let go of believing …
1. That everyone will like me.
2. That life is supposed to be fair.
3. That things are fine the way they are.
4. That if I do and say the right things I will get their business every time.
5. That if I cut corners sometimes it will still work out okay.
6. That is important for me to be right all the time.
7. That by doing things the same way I can expect different results.
8. That I don’t need to practice.
9. That I can do this on my own… that I don’t need outside help or accountability.
10. That having an ego is bad (there is such a thing as a good ego).
Have a look at this list and follow Joe Calloway’s advice…“Let It Go!”. Is it possible that some of the things you have been carrying around with you are not valid? Replace them with the opposite belief and set yourself free! NO Excuses.