How about closing out 2015 with a bang? The end of each year provides a great opportunity for those Real Estate Salespeople who are skilled in helping their prospective home Sellers understand the benefits of listing now versus in the spring. No reason you shouldn’t be part of that group, is there?!!!
Why List During the Holidays?
- Buyers who are looking in November and December are typically very serious home Buyers.
- Smaller supply for Buyers to choose from… better odds than at any other time of the year for a home Seller.
- Number of homes for sale in January and on will increase dramatically.
- A home that is decorated for the Holidays shows very well!
- Holiday emotionalism is also at a peak for home Buyers… more open to higher prices.
- Buyers looking during the Holidays typically have more time to look for a home than they do during a normal working week.
- Significant percentage of Buyers must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons. Often times in the case of a transfer, the buying decision must be “on the books” by the end of December.
- January is oftentimes the month for transferees to begin jobs. Homes must be on the market earlier to be available for those individuals.
- You can restrict showings at peak times of the month. Minimizes the inconvenience factor.
- Sell now for more money and arrange a longer closing. This will allow the home Seller to have a larger selection to choose from in the new year.
- Sell now, become a firm home Buyer and strengthen your negotiating position when the supply increases in the new year.
- Possible increase in interest rates can negatively affect prices.
Critical Point: pay special attention to item #12. You don’t have to look too far into the news to find indications that this is going to happen shortly. It offers huge incentive to “don’t wait for spring, do it now”. Here’s an example of such a link:
Go through this list and pick out the three or four items that appeal most to you. Remember, “if you believe it, they will believe it”. Many of my Coaching clients are already using these ideas to help accelerate the listing process.
Set things up so that 2016 is already up and running before it starts! Have fun with this. It works! Bruce Keith