INCREASING YOUR COMMISSION… one of the ways to generate bigger paychecks is to sell more expensive products. In my "Interview with a Superstar", Coaching client Robert Kroll of RE/MAX, Toronto (416-222-8600) shared his formula. He has increased his average sale price significantly over the last 23+ years. Robert now earns a sizable income selling 60 homes per year with an average sale price of in excess of $1M each!
Here is your ACTION STEP… if you want to increase your average sale price, there are some great ways to do it. Here's how Robert did it:
1. Sit open houses for listings in the desired area.
2. Preview every property that is for sale in the area, become the "resident expert".
3. Prospect the area personally. Telephone calls and door knocking (unless a gated community) every day. Become recognized.
4. Sponsor some activities in the area to become better known in the community. Be visible.
5. Associate with people in the area (learn how they think)… join clubs, children's sports, charity functions, etc.
BONUS POINT… follow the above five points and then, as soon as possible… do exactly what Robert did… MOVE THERE! It certainly worked for him and it will for you.
One final thought: do not "throw the baby out with the bathwater" while you are making this transition. Wherever your business is coming from now, keep doing it. Too many times Salespeople make a decision to change their target market and in doing so go broke before the new approach becomes successful! Always rely on your "bread-and-butter market". Have a plan and follow it. Expect that the change you are implementing will take approximately 12-18 months. NO Excuses.