STUCK IN A RUT?… Even the best Salespeople run into periods where their production does not seem to be moving forward. It's frustrating and sometimes it's like running into a brick wall. The harder you try the more things do not seem to go your way. You feel "snake bit" and even your confidence level can slip. Neither of these two opinions are valid but it's still can be disconcerting no matter how long you have been in the Sales business. Here's some answers that certainly have worked for me.
Here is your ACTION STEP… the first thing is that you need to do is to "slow down in order to speed up". This means you've got to look at what is going on with you and your business every day:
1. Be open to new ideas on how to run your business (Is it now time to introduce one or two of those changes you have been putting off?).
2. Focus more on your "NOW" business. Make sure that your Hot Leads are getting your full attention. Call them more often versus less often.
3. Book one day off per week. It could simply be that you are burned out. Give yourself some planned breaks (you need something to look forward to).
4. Ask yourself… what things have I been doing that I should be saying NO to? (Example: do I have any Clients who are going nowhere?)
5. Ask yourself… have I stopped doing some of the things I normally did when things were going well? (Daily exercise, getting enough sleep, preparing properly for appointments, practicing my presentation, lead generating, etc.)
6. Spend 30 minutes per day "ON" my business versus "IN" my business. Step back and take a look every day. Be your own CEO once a day.
One thing for sure, when you are "in a rut"… more of the same is not the answer. It's time to be Proactive versus Reactive. Look for solutions that will stay with you, not short-term "desperado" fixes. It's the Big Picture that you need to address. NO Excuses.