COMMISSION DILEMMA… the people that make the most money don't always have the most money. We all know lots of Salespeople who earn tremendous incomes and have very little to show for their efforts. On the other side of the coin, there are a few special people who never seem to have financial worries. Everybody starts out with the best intentions. Everybody wants to be one of the "financially free ones"…not too many people get there. The first step is to have a very inflexible plan… one where there is no margin for error!
Here is your ACTION STEP… every time you get a commission check you have two choices. You can either spend it indiscriminately or you can allocate it the way the rich people do. Every time you get a paycheck here's what to do starting today. Open up five bank accounts… five!…
1. Business account… 30% of your gross for expenses
2. Personal account… 30% of your gross for day-to-day living
3. Tax account… 25% of your gross for "you know who"
4. An untouchable Savings account… 10% of your gross (attach a "Do Not Disturb" sign until you retire)…no "weaseling" allowed!
5. Charity & Gift account… 5% of your gross
Even if you feel you are not immediately able to do the above, start the process by at least opening the five accounts and depositing a certain percentage of each check every time you get paid. Do not… I repeat, DO NOT miss sharing the wealth with all five accounts every time! One dollar is infinitely better than nothing. It's about time you did this, start today! NO Excuses.