HE’S VERY LUCKY… billionaire Richard Branson makes it very clear that he is lucky. The man seems to have the “Midas touch”. Everything seems to work for him. Richard never denies that he is lucky, rather he says “We are all lucky. I believe that luck is an ‘ equal opportunity distributor’. When it comes my way I take advantage of it.” If that is true, then what are the steps for taking advantage of the luck that comes your way?
Here is your ACTION STEP… Oprah Winfrey has popularized the statement that says “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity”. Richard Branson offers an even more in-depth approach to luck.
Richard Branson’s Formula for Luck
1. Preparation… the more I practice the luckier I get
2. Personal Growth… do something every day to be 1% better than yesterday
3. Attitude is everything… my beliefs and my mindset set my course in life every day
4. Look for opportunity… it is out there waiting, remove your filters
5. Take Action… this is where you make your own luck
Doing whatever it takes is how the overachievers operate. Fear of failure and the “how is that going to happen?” approach can easily get in the way. Get past that. As Price Pritchett said in his short book You2, “Look at it this way – you’re not supposed to be concerned about what happens in the middle of a jump… you’re supposed to be thinking about where you’re going to land!” It’s your job to get out there and “Get Lucky!”. NO Excuses.