WHAT’S WRONG WITH ME?… it is very common in the business of Selling to compare yourself to other Salespeople. Our customers often “price shop” (“Where can I get the best deal?”). As Salespeople we often “results shop” (“How do I compare to my peers?”). Think of this scenario… you walk into the general office area where you work, you look at the results board, and then your imagination takes off! Do some of these questions sound familiar…
1. How did she get that sale, she hardly ever works?
2. How can he afford to do all that advertising?
3. I wonder if I should start cutting my commission like he obviously does?
4. Why am I the only one that has bad luck?
5. What do I have to do to put a deal together?
Here is your ACTION STEP… it all boils down to taking responsibility for your own life, taking responsibility for your own results, and most importantly… taking responsibility for how you react to what’s going on around you. Just focus on the things over which you have control. Things like:
1. Creating a plan and sticking to it.
2. Staying away from negative people.
3. Focusing daily on your own personal motivation, your goals.
4. Not beating yourself up. Instead, pat yourself on the back every day for the things you did right.
5. Accepting that “hard work and improving my skills solves 90% of my problems”.
Great Salespeople only focus on THEIR targets and results. Do not get caught up in what everyone else is doing. Forget about them. Be excited about who you are and who you are becoming. At least for this instance it is okay to be narcissistic… this time “It’s all about YOU”. NO Excuses.