HUFFING & PUFFING…in the midst of a marvellous family vacation recently the concept of Creating Momentum appeared in a crowded train station. It was a modern day view of the “Little Engine That Could”. You know the scene… as the train was ready to leave the station there was a lot of energy spent in getting moving. Even with modern day technology the engine had to strain to move the heavy load it was pulling. Lots of “huffing and puffing” at the start and not much to show for it considering the effort expended. The resulting momentum did not come easily, but it did happen. Creating Momentum requires commitment and initially…extra effort.
Here is your ACTION STEP… if you want sustained results you have to be committed. If you are committed you will Create Momentum. Most people give up too soon. Here is a simple plan to Create Momentum:
1. Decide where you want to go (e.g.-results by a certain date)
2. Calculate what needs to be achieved each month (e.g.-number of sales)
3. Focus only on the first month (do not look too far ahead!)
4. Establish the activities needed for the first week
5. Write out a ROCK-SOLID daily routine to support this
6. Go to bed early, set your alarm, and jump out of bed on time!
7. Repeat this process week after week after week… NO Excuses
Creating Momentum can be summed up this way… “it’s usually pretty simple, it’s just not very easy”. What’s exciting though is that while all worthwhile endeavours take some time to get started they are much harder to stop… once you get going. The competition just doesn’t have the commitment to “get out of the station”. Commit today and Create Momentum. NO Excuses.