PREVENTING A MELTDOWN…when winter arrives in certain parts of North America it is natural for there to be a four month supply of snow. Depending on your attitude it can be perceived as a pleasant addition to the landscape. Snow makes things very clean and pretty and there’s lots of winter sports to enjoy. One of the activities that is fun to watch is that of children building a Snowman. The Snowman is perceived to be a jolly fellow who brings a smile to everyone’s face. The problem is when the temperature goes up… the Snowman melts! There is a Meltdown. All the effort and energy that was generated was in vain. In the Business of Sales, the word Meltdown has a negative connotation…it implies stress, failure, and anxiety. So how do you make sure that there isn’t a Meltdown in your Sales Business?
Here is your ACTION STEP…the way to prevent a Meltdown is to make sure that you keep your Snowman (i.e.: your Sales efforts) at a constant temperature. When the temperature is constant… your results are constant! Here are some areas that will guarantee that constancy in your business:
1. Set Sales Targets, post them everywhere, track your results daily/weekly
2. Follow a solid Routine five days a week – avoid interruptions-NO Excuses
3. Stay Motivated! – Have clear personal goals… this alone will make a huge difference
4. Plan time off every week… otherwise there will be a guaranteed Meltdown!
5. Associate with positive people, read/listen to positive material daily, stay away from all negativity (including people)
6. Focus on your Health… food, exercise, sleep…remember: “great energy is an earned skill”
Every one of the above points is necessary to prevent a Meltdown. Look at it this way…when you decide to “build your Snowman” and keep the temperature on your Sales Business constant, there is no possibility of a Meltdown. The results are predictable and you can even make your Snowman bigger if you want. Meltdowns are expensive and totally unnecessary. The worst part is you have to start all over again and build a new Snowman. If you catch your Snowman melting a little bit…react immediately and get the temperature back to where it belongs. Replace the lost snow and enjoy the results! NO Excuses.