CHOOSE YOUR FUTURE…most Salespeople do not expect to be doing the same amount of business 3 years from now. Most Salespeople expect to be selling more products/services in 36 months than they are today. In other words, they have a Vision that is different from their current circumstances. Common sense tells us that this doesn't happen all by itself. The first step is to have a plan of where you want to be in three years. I call this a Revised Vision… a picture of the future that is different from today's picture. It's important to get excited about your future… fall in love with where you're going? The best way to create this Revised Vision is to start by answering some strategy questions:
"Revised Vision Strategy" Questions
1. Where do you want to be living? Would you be in the same house? Will you be acquiring any secondary residences?
2. What personal goals do you want to accomplish in 36 months? How clear are they, are they written down?
3. What does your family life look like? Your social circles?
4. What could you do to keep all these items highly visible? What happens if you don't?
5. What does your career look like? Would you be doing the same thing? If not, what changes are expected?
6. What production/sales results do you want to have accomplished 36 months from now?
7. What structural changes will you be making to your business?
8. What will be your net worth? What indebtedness would you still have?
9. What measurement system will you have in place to track all the above results?
10. What would have to happen in next 36 months for you to accomplish all this?
11. What health/exercise plans do you have in place to ensure the necessary energy to make all this happen?
12. What accountability do you need to have in place? Describe your plan to take advantage of outside help to ensure your success instead of "flying solo" (Coach, mentor, accountability partner, mastermind group).
Last question…Do you pass the 10% test? Only about 10% of the population ever takes the time to answer these types of questions. What would happen if you took 60 minutes and wrote out the answers to these questions? The scarier question is… what will happen if you don't? As mentor Jim Rohn says… "Not much". Don't be one of those "Not much" people. Be one of the 10% and complete the above quiz. Then review where you stand every 90 days. Make your Revised Vision come true. 36 months isn't that far away! NO Excuses.