MAKING BETTER CHOICES… the "father of modern personal development", Earl Nightingale was credited with the statement suggesting that "life is all about choices". Earl said that "the choices we make on a daily basis fashion who we are, what we do, and who we become". Obviously that's true when it comes to Sales. Do I choose to get up on time today… yes or no? Do I choose to prospect today… yes or no? Do I choose to close one more time… yes or no? There are dozens and dozens of choices that all Salespeople must make every day.
Here is your ACTION STEP… so then, the real issue is not about making choices, it's about making the RIGHT choices. Here's some situations where great Salespeople always make the right choices:
1. Do I ignore all inbound telephone calls when I am lead generating? (YES…Set up a system so that "temptation" does not have any power)
2. Do I write out the top three things I know I must accomplish today before I get started? (YES… and do them, preferably before noon)
3. Do I go to bed on time when I know tomorrow is a regular work day? (YES…and if I didn't…do I still get up on time?)
4. Do I make sure that any negativity in my life (internal or external) is quickly pushed aside? (YES…No gossip, no backbiting, no whining)
5. Do I make a commitment every day to not rest until I set at least one prequalified, highly motivated appointment? (YES…never a doubt!)
Choices Choices Choices… they are everywhere. It's almost like they are sent to us to test us. The great Salespeople recognize the opportunity that this multitude of Choices presents. Lesser Salespeople fall into the trap of choosing the "path of least resistance". One credo that stands tall for all great Salespeople… "the tough choices I make today provide a smoother path for my tomorrow". NO Excuses