USING THE REMOTE… believe it or not, when television first became popular, there was no such thing as changing channels using a “remote controller”. You had a maximum of 12 channels and if you didn’t like what you were watching, you had to get up out of your chair and turn the dial to another channel. The introduction of the remote controller made things a lot easier. You could now just sit there, push a button and make a new selection. Presto!
The mind works the same way as the remote (even faster)… if you don’t like the channel you are on, you just change channels. Fast and easy. Salespeople have a remote controller at their beck and call at all times. If you don’t like the channel you are watching (i.e. the Customer or Sales situation), you just push a button on your remote and change the situation. This remote gives you amazing power over your life and your future!
Here is your ACTION STEP… every Salesperson is in complete control of what channel they are watching. You are never a prisoner of the program that is currently showing on the screen. It is your job to make sure that you are not stuck on watching a show you don’t enjoy. You can change the channel any time you want! Use the “remote” you always have available. Here’s some examples:
CHANGE THESE CHANNELS
1. Get rid of those people who don’t respect your time
2. Stop dealing with Customers who are not motivated to buy
3. Stay away from business associates who are negative or abusive
4. Look in the mirror… should you “change the channel” on the image you present?
5. The first part of your day… are you turning your personal TV on soon enough?
6. The Morning Show… are you watching a “productive” channel or just frittering away your time?
7. Is there a workout or exercise program on your TV every day?
8. Mandatory Viewing… find an “asking for business” channel to watch every day
9. Change channels if the “financial advice” channel you are currently watching is not putting money in your bank
The metaphor should be clear by now… you have your own remote and you are not just a spectator. You are in charge of what you are watching on your own personal TV. If you don’t like what you see, use your remote and change the channel. No one else is telling you what to watch. It is 100% up to you. Find a program you like and turn it on. You no longer have to be subjected to those programs that don’t serve you well. Use your remote…use it immediately and use it often! NO Excuses.