UNDERSTANDING HOW TO CHANGE… one of my favorite quotes comes from author/radio personality Dave Ramsey. He explains that "change only happens when the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change". For the most part, "staying the same" is not an acceptable way to live your life. Before long you become stuck in a rut and then you start to regress. If you want to grow your Sales Business, if you want to stay younger, if you want to enjoy your life more… constant change is necessary. As the expression goes… "The only thing that is constant is change". Paradoxical?… Yes. Reality?…also Yes.
In His best seller "Secrets of the Millionaire Mind", T. Harv Eker shares the 4 Components of Change:
1. Awareness – you must know an alternative exists
2. Understanding – where does your way of thinking come from?
3. Disassociation – deciding that this old way of thinking is not you. It no longer holds any value for you
4. Reconditioning – introducing yourself to a new belief. Creating thinking, habits, and procedures to support this new belief
Here is your ACTION STEP… an anonymous quote that comes to mind explains that… "people are not necessarily hesitant to change, they just want to make sure that the change is for the better". A striking example is a business acquaintance from the retail trade who over the last two years has lost 195 pounds…195! Catherine looks amazing and she has become significantly more confident, more fulfilled, and no doubt… a lot happier. Losing all that weight was obviously the result of exercise and eating healthier. Those were changes she had to make. Clearly they were… changes for the better. What are some of the "changes for the better" you could make in your Sales Business?
SALES BUSINESS CHANGES?
1. Consciously using open-ended questions to create more conversation… "Interesting, could you tell me more about that?"
2. Closing one more time than usual… "Help me understand what's preventing you from moving forward"
3. Revitalizing your image and your attitude… "Would I buy from me right now?"
4. Uncomfortable lead generation… "Who am I not calling that I should stop ignoring?"
5. Strengthening my sales presentation… "Isn't it about time for a ' wash & wax' to spruce things up?… to be more compelling?"
6. Rise and shine!… "What could I do early/first thing in the morning that would change my results?"
Understanding change is one thing, making that change is entirely another. As Jim Rohn once said… "Knowledge without labor is wasted". Give yourself a "positive kick in the butt". Pick something that you could change today that would make a big difference in your Sales Business. Staying the same and stagnating is not an option. Feeling safe and feeling comfortable are the precursors to mediocrity. It starts with complacency and goes downhill from there. The best part about change is that it energizes you. You become excited and you become more fun to be around. Go for it! NO Excuses.