BUSINESS CARD WISDOM… everybody has a business card. We see lots of them as we go through our day-to-day activities. The main reason a business card exists is so people can be reminded of us and know how to contact us. There are some very basic common sense items we must keep in mind when we are creating our business card design. Trying to make it more than that will make it difficult for our potential clients to reach us.
Here is your ACTION STEP… look at your business card right now. If one of the main purposes of a business card is for people to be able to contact you, ask yourself this question… “can people get in touch with me easily?”. Here’s some ideas so you can be sure that the answer is YES:
1. Is your e-mail address highly legible and easy to find? (Some business cards do not even have one!)
2. Does the main phone # you want people to call stand out?
3. Is your card “clutter free”? Keep it simple, eliminate unnecessary information & artwork
4. Using a slogan? You decide… just remember that no one is going to choose you just because of a catchy phrase
5. Using a photograph? Your choice… just make sure it didn’t come out of your high school yearbook!
Bonus Idea: ask one of your friends to look at your current business card and see if it passes the above criteria. They may see/not see something you don’t. The main question is, can clients contact you easily using the media of their choice (i.e.: e-mail, telephone, website)? Don’t be a Secret Agent. NO Excuses.