CAN'T HANDLE IT ALL… the busier you get, the more money you should be able to make in Sales. Sounds great until you run into your "glass ceiling"…that's the point at which you start being less productive versus more productive. The best adage in business is to be prepared to deal with growth, before the growth is out of control. When you feel overwhelmed, when you feel unable to cope with all the activities and responsibilities of your business… it's time to look for ways to delegate some of your tasks.
Here is your ACTION STEP… there are two targets to delegate your surplus business activities to:
1. Hire an Administrative Assistant (part-time or full-time)…OR…
2. Give some of your work/responsibilities to the already existing Administrative staff in your office
This then begs the question… "How do I decide what to give them, what should I let go of?". Here is a simple formula for deciding what you are going to delegate first:
1. Make a list of the things you do not like to do. That's right!… If you don't like doing them, you probably don't do them all that well anyway. Give them away first.
2. Now make a list of all the things that you do on an ongoing basis that are "Not Revenue Producing Activities". If they don't directly drive income, get someone else to do them for you.
3. From now on, on a daily basis, create a "here's what I need you to-do" list that you can hand over to your Support person first thing next morning. This way you will always be ahead of the game and prepared to keep them very busy.
Bonus Tip: the reverse of point #1 above is just because you "like to do certain things" doesn't mean you should keep doing them. Remember, the purpose of the exercise is to be more profitable in less time. The whole idea in delegation is to give away the things that are slowing you down. Free yourself up to only do the highly profitable, highly productive activities. You are the CEO of your business. Ask yourself, "Would a CEO be doing this in a big company?". Think Bigger…starting today. NO Excuses.