QUIT SMOKING… smoking is not nearly as prevalent in North America as it used to be. Thank goodness! At the same time, there are still lots of people who smoke on a regular basis. We see them huddled together outside office buildings and restaurants doing something they know they should quit. Here's the point…it is easy to be self-righteous about pointing out things other people should quit… the real question is, what should you be quitting?
Here is your ACTION STEP… like smokers, aren't there some things that you know you should be quitting? Here are some examples that when you do quit them, you will be a more successful Salesperson:
1. Quit blaming the "time of year" for your results,you're in charge
2. Quit not sticking to your personal & business budget
3. Quit avoiding having a specific sales target for this month (post it on the wall)
4. Quit avoiding calling your past clients/center of influence every 60 to 90 days
5. Quit justifying why you don't practice your scripts
6. Quit beating yourself up for not quitting anything… just do it!
The idea here is to have some fun with improving who you are being (see #6 above). It's a win-win situation. BONUS IDEA… quit avoiding Accountability… get someone to hold you accountable for two or three things that you know you need to quit…starting today! Give them three un-dated personal checks for $50 each. Give your Accountability Partner permission to cash them (one at a time) if you ever slip back to your old ways. Make a game of it. No more "weaseling" out. This absolutely works if you are serious about getting to the next level. NO Excuses!