YOUR EXHAUST FUMES… those Salespeople who are always struggling typically do so because of their “limiting beliefs”. “I can’t do this, I couldn’t do that, that’s not me, etc.”. Another way of looking at limiting beliefs is this question… “Are you breathing your own exhaust fumes?”. Probably, to some extent, everyone does. There are two types of “exhaust fumes”… the ones that kill success and the ones that build success. Are you breathing the wrong kind of “exhaust fumes” about how things are and about how things aren’t?
Here is your ACTION STEP… life is all about the Stories we tell ourselves. Let’s look at some of the Stories that successful Salespeople tell themselves. What “exhaust fumes” are the Superstars breathing? The great Salespeople operate this way…
- My Customers/Prospects are lucky I called. I have some great solutions for them.
- I have mastered the ability to do the boring things in my profession well. My routine is consistent and that produces great results.
- Drama has disappeared from my life! Disappointment is part of the Sales Process. My mantra is always… NEXT.
- I am not a “finished product”… I seek and accept outside help daily and I am always growing.
- I have a Plan. Short-term and long-term. I track my results… I know where I am & where I’m going, I face reality every day.
These are the “exhaust fumes” that great Salespeople are breathing every day. How could you improve on the Stories you are telling yourself? How could you improve on the “air quality” of what you are breathing in every day?. Make sure your opportunities are not passing you by. Many Salespeople never change, they stay the same and consequently so do their results. Breakthrough and stand taller than the rest. The air is better up there! NO Excuses.