REPETITION… every time we watch a professional perform we are struck by "how easy it looks". Whether it is a professional athlete or an entertainer, it is very clear that there has been a lot of practice involved. As the joke goes…"I guess that's not the first time they have done that". The other day I was listening to professional motivator/speaker Bob Proctor. He casually mentioned that "Repetition is the 1st Law of Learning". I pressed "pause" and thought about that. As usual some of the simplest statements are the most profound!
Here is your ACTION STEP… if "Repetition Is the 1st Law of Learning" then let's look at some of the things we need to do on a REPETITIVE BASIS. That way you will get better and better just by doing them more frequently:
1. Listening more/talking less by asking more questions.
2. Following a Daily Routine that becomes powerfully habitual.
3. Scheduling time off to refresh your Business Energy.
4. Associating with Inspiring People (example: take someone special to lunch next week).
5. Practicing what you say (scripts) instead of the "improv" approach.
Take Bob Proctor's advice… do the right things over and over, Practice Repetition. Which of the above items do you need to do more often? Start with one today. The by-product of all this is an ever-increasing Level of Self-Confidence. Take yourself to the Next Level. NO Excuses.