WHAT IS THINKING BIG?… There are many stories of Big Thinkers who became successful on the rebound. Thomas Edison failed thousands of times in his search for the perfect light bulb. Steve Jobs was fired from Apple Computer before he came back with a vengeance. Col. Sanders failed seven times before he became a success in his late 60s. All these individuals were amazingly BIG THINKERS. Were they lucky? Maybe yes, maybe no… one thing for sure, they had big dreams and they went after them. Of course, thinking bigger is a relative term, what is big to one person may be small to another. As the joke goes…Upgrading from regular to large when ordering french fries is not classified as thinking big! All three of the above individuals were terrific Salespeople. They achieved amazing results by selling their ideas and their dreams. Each used some very basic approaches to thinking bigger. Here's a great list for you to consider for your Sales Business:
IDEAS ON THINKING BIGGER
1. Take away all limits you set on yourself… "If you must do something… doubt your limits" – Price Pritchett
2. Spend 100% of your time focusing on your goals and what you want. "Who can I talk to today that can help me make money this week?"
3. Eliminate all self-deprecating statements. See the good in yourself, there's lots of it there. Eliminate the "Yeah Buts"
4. Get used to mistakes and failure. They are the doorway to your growth and your ultimate success
5. By the Robb Report and Success Magazine every month. Expose yourself to what's possible… explode your thinking!
6. Have Clear Big Picture Goals… start a Vision Board right away
7. Surround yourself with people that do more than you do… ask lots of questions
8. Your biggest enemies are: a) the fear of rejection, b) the desire to be liked, and c) other negative people
9. Ask yourself every day… "WHY NOT?"
10. Focus on WHAT? and eliminate thinking about HOW? Just get started and the path will become clear as you go along
Thinking Bigger as an inside job. It all starts with what you believe is possible and eliminating all the mental roadblocks. As business philosopher Simon Sinek says, "Look down from his high as possible. Look ahead as far as far as you can see. And then decide what to do." At the same time, don't try to do it all at once. Take on two or three of the above ideas at a time. Remember this truism… if you change your thinking, you will change your life. There is absolutely nothing in your way. NO Excuses.