GETTING THE RIGHT SUPPORT… as your business grows, it is critical that you hire someone to do the administrative tasks that are not directly "revenue producing". A great option is a Virtual Assistant…check out Elance.com The best part is you're 100% in charge of your investment. It's like going to a Bulk Food Store…you can pick a little bit or a lot, it can be short-term or long-term, task-based or time-based. Unlike the traditional hiring process, you have unlimited flexibility.
Here is your ACTION STEP… once you have decided to expand, the next question is… "What are the qualities I am looking for in my Assistant?". Here are some basic criteria to get you started:
1. Social Media Skills-a powerful competitive advantage
2. Industry/Product Knowledge-much better so they can "hit the ground running"
3. Self-Directed-a great Assistant can operate on their own, must be motivated!
4. Telephone Skills-this goes without saying
5. Reliability-get's the job done, when you need it done
One final point, in preparation for hiring someone make sure you create a clear job description. This should be a clear list of tasks and duties which outline your expectations. NO Excuses.