One of the overlooked business sources is Absentee Owners. Often, we do not think of them as potential clients because they do not live in the buildings they own. Obviously this is wrong. Most Salespeople forget about them. They are a terrific source of business. There’s more good news…in most cases they have a ‘business mindset’ and consequently don’t get emotionally attached to the transaction. They are frequently much easier to work with.
Here is a great absentee owner real estate sales script that worked wonders for me:
- “Hi this is BK from ABC real estate in Anytown. I’m calling about your property at 123 Main St. in Anytown. Do you still own it?
- Great, with the market so active lately — I’m wondering at what point you would consider selling it?
- You’re not?… No problem, how long have you owned it?
- If you sold it would you “cash in” or reinvest?
- What sort of money would you be looking for?
- Properties similar to yours in that area are selling in a price range from $250,000 to $300,000. If yours sold in that range would that be enough reason to sell it?
- How much would you have to get to make it worth your while?
- Great…why don’t I do some work on pricing, you give this opportunity some thought, and I’ll check back in 48 hours. What’s the best time for me to call you?”
Take this little script, massage it to your liking, start calling the Absentee Owners.
BONUS TIP… if they don’t want to sell, follow with this … “No problem, because you’ve done so well with this investment… how would you feel about looking at some additional investments to help you make even more money? I know there’s some great opportunities out there.” NO Excuses.