MAKING IT HAPPEN… on a recent Coaching call, one of my Clients had a very simple request…"I need to do 14 deals in the next 90 days". Not an unreasonable request and certainly very doable. When I asked her how she intended to do that, the response was, "I'm just going to have to work harder". Sounds good but that's not really a strategy, is it? As the expression goes, "a goal without an action plan is merely a dream". So far all we had was a "dream". The "action plan" was pretty vague. Time to get specific.
Here is your ACTION PLAN… once the intention is clear (in this case… 14 deals in the next 90 days) it's time to take action. Here is the plan we put in place(remember each plan needs to be specific to the individual… each Coaching client is treated differently, this is just an example):
1. Must Do… 14 deals in 90 days
2. The "Trigger" (for this Client)… be in the office by 8:30 AM, start prospecting by 9 AM five days a week. Not optional
3. The Commitment… 25 contacts per day, typically that will take until 11:30 AM
4. The Key… set one bona fide, motivated appointment per day (Buyer or Seller)
5. The Accountability… email your numbers to your Coach (that's me) every day by 12 noon. NO Excuses!
(Good news update… this particular Coaching Client is following this plan religiously and is on track to make her 14 sales! She reports in every day.)
When you put this type of intense focus in place good things happen. The one thing to remember about Sales is you really only have one job. I call it… Being PAC man/PAC woman… Prospect – Appointments – Close…P-A-C. Everything else is superfluous. Concentrate on doing those three things for the majority of your day and you will be a Superstar. If you fight that philosophy and keep introducing "yeah buts" you will not. The choice is yours. The good news is there are lots of PAC men/PAC women out there doing it already. You don't have to be the first one. Just follow your plan. NO Excuses.