STOP TRYING…in the movie "Star Wars V… The Empire Strikes Back" (1980), mentor Yoda shares with Luke the following wisdom… "Do or do not, there is no try". Good advice…why not just eliminate the word TRY from your vocabulary? Become the Salesperson who echoes the Nike philosophy… "Just Do It". Here is a list of things you should stop "trying" to do.
STOP TRYING TO…
1. Improve your sales presentation without actually changing it
2. Lose weight without eating healthier (less food at night would be a good place to start)
3. Prospect in the afternoon instead of the morning (the snakes are already out-of-the-box by then)
4. Stay positive while surrounding yourself with mediocre people
5. Close the sale without asking for the order
6. Get referrals by osmosis… start asking "Who do you know…?"
7. Save your relationship by expecting your partner to change
8. Figure out what to say without help
9. Have a great day in your Sales Business without getting up early
10. Have a great day in your Sales Business without going to bed on time
11. Earn respect without dressing sharp and looking good
12. Be Superman/Superwoman… take some planned time off every week
Bonus Point… stop trying to resist the things you know you need to do by letting your ego get in the way. Let it go! Have some fun, laugh out loud every day, enjoy the journey and don't take life too seriously. Most of all… "Stop Trying"… just "get 'er done". NO Excuses.