BUYERS LOVE THIS… most Salespeople take an ad call or a sign call, throw the Buyer in their car, and run around showing as many properties as possible. This is foolish! That would be the same as your Doctor trying to figure out what ails you without asking any questions. Great Salespeople have their prospective Buyers COME INTO THE OFFICE for a consultation… “Mr./Mrs. Buyer, let’s get together so we can discuss your needs and put together a strategy to help you find exactly what you’re looking for”. Once they come in to see you, then you can show them your true professionalism and why you are superior to the typical Agent (PS…if that’s not practical, at least have a meeting in a neutral location).
Here is your ACTION PLAN… the way you separate yourself from the competition is to have a simple yet thorough BUYERS PACKAGE. No one else will give them these things. Here is what should be in your package:
1. Your Buyer’s Plan of Action (what do you do to help them)
2. The Buyers Agency Agreement
3. One Page of Testimonials from Past Clients
4. “One Stop Shopping”… a short list of service providers (home inspectors, handyman, attorneys, etc.)
5. One Page Showing your Track Record or your Company’s Track Record
6. Typical Closing Costs
7. A blank copy of the Agreement of Purchase and Sale (get them comfortable with the contract in advance)
Remember to Keep It Simple… do not overwhelm them with a multitude of paperwork and ego-based propaganda. The above list gives them what they need… nothing more. One final thought… if they do not want to “come into the office” what does that say about their Motivation? This is a very important transaction in their lives. You are not a Taxi Driver! Help them understand that “you are different”. Give them what they need and they will be your customers for life. NO Excuses.