SELF-SABOTAGE… a lot of Salespeople lose out on business simply because they do not Ask for It! As ridiculous as this sounds, sometimes we are all guilty of missing opportunity. We say things to ourselves like, "They know what I do for a living… if they need me they will call me". As the joke goes: we become Secret Agents. In my Seminars and Coaching this appears quite frequently. When asked, the guilty parties often confess that they are "avoiding rejection/being forgetful/not sure what to say". This is just one example of how some Salespeople sabotage their success.
Here is your ACTION STEP…the trick to being a Superstar is to eliminate your shortfalls. Let's look at a list of some other self-sabotaging techniques that the less successful Salespeople commit:
1. They arrive at the office late
2. They don't practice
3. They don't keep their Past Client/Center of Influence database current
4. They don't prospect for business every day
5. They don't follow up the leads they already have
6. They don't ask for business at every opportunity
7. They don't have a "sense of urgency" in their life
I know you're not guilty of all of the above. Let's do a "Be Honest" here…pick out two or three items that you know you should improve on. Tackle those right away. Superstars are always improving! NO Excuses.