Sales MYTHS YOU CAN IGNORE…
Here’s some Sales Myths that no longer apply…things that some “experts” are still hanging onto long after others are proving them wrong. Usually, while these “experts” are telling you what you can’t do, someone else is out there doing it. That’s why they are just Myths.
Here are a few of those Sales Myths that it’s OK to Bust…
- Prospecting in the morning doesn’t work because no one is home. WRONG (usually 22% are home)
- Scripts sound canned. WRONG (they are only canned if you don’t practice or… you try to memorize them… check out my CORE Technique in the “All the Right Words” package)
- Calling people and asking for business/referrals before 9:30 AM is invasive. WRONG (there’s more people home at 8:30 AM than there are at 9:30 AM… that’s just your story for not calling)
- Prequalifying my prospects early in the process is too aggressive. I will ask those questions when I get to know them better. WRONG (are you prospecting for friends or are you prospecting for leads?)
- Practicing my Presentation is unnecessary. My more “natural style” is better. WRONG (natural only comes from familiarity with the material… winging it usually shows up with you talking too much)
- Asking for Referrals is “pushy”. If they have someone they will send them to me automatically. WRONG (learn how to ask smoothly, then it won’t be pushy… “Let me ask you, who do you know that needs my help to…?”)
Every one of the above Sales Myths are just that…Myths… they are not true. There are many Superstars out there right now doing the exact opposite. They are the “Myth Busters”. They succeed because they realize all the opportunities that are available by swimming upstream and getting out of the box.