TAKING THE NEEDLE…one of my Coaching clients told me recently that, “Sometimes when I review my Hot Leads List I get depressed”. When I asked him why he felt that way, he replied that, “I then realize I don’t have enough on the go and the future looks bleak! Now I have to go out and find more leads”. That is one way to look at it. There is another way… consider this metaphor: one of the ways that medical science has become very successful in fighting disease is Innoculation. The Doctor injects the patient with a slight amount of that same disease. This is “taking the needle”. The body then fights this invasion by building up a resistance to the disease. The happy result?…The disease never again holds any power over the patient.
Here is your ACTION STEP… by frequently reviewing your Hot Leads list, you are “taking the needle”. You are injecting yourself with a slight dose of what is in the future. By looking at things honestly you are now in a position to “build up a resistance to the disease of failure”. Here are 5 steps to “hot lead” management and on how to put this in place easily:
1. Decide on your definition of what is a Hot Lead… it should be someone who is prepared to sign a contract within 30 days.
2. Write out a list of who actually deserves to be called a Hot Lead. Who is on your list? Be honest with yourself.
3. Critical Point… put a date for your next follow-up contact beside each name.
4. Call or visit each of these Customers on the date you have selected.
5. Review this list daily, be sure to follow-up on time, always keep the dates current. Never miss calling on the date you selected.
When you follow these five steps, there may be occasions when you feel that you are “injecting” yourself with information that you really don’t want to accept. By “taking the needle” on an ongoing basis, you will never succumb to the “disease of failure”. Have the courage to do this every day. That’s how you will always have a “healthy business”. NO Excuses