3 EASY Closing Questions in Real Estate Sales
Some people are harder to close than others, the sales process doesn’t always follow a straight line, does it?. On top of that — some people flat out have “trouble making a decision” about anything. Your job is to help them move forward.
Don’t forget that their hesitation is typically fear-based. It is centered around a “fear of loss”. Once your prospect understands that the decision you are recommending is beneficial then that fear goes away. Here’s an important reality…
Everybody needs a nudge. It’s also important to understand that some people need a bigger nudge than others.
As a real estate Sales professional, your job is to help them move forward. Here are three very conversational closing questions that when delivered in order (1-2-3) will make it very easy for both of you…
The 3 “Nudge” Questions:
- Mr./ Mrs. Buyer/Seller… what’s the next step for you? (their answer typically will involve some sort of a delay—“Think it over/not ready yet/we will get back to you, etc.)
- No problem and just so I understand, what specifically is holding you back from moving forward right now?
- Perfect, thanks for explaining that… so let me ask you, IF we were able to…(find you the right house/get you the right price/overcome that issue/etc.) is there anything else preventing you from moving forward?
Critical Point… you have just “isolated their objection”. Here’s what just happened:
- Up to this point, there was resistance.
- The resistance was vague, it wasn’t specific. Not only were you not clear what was holding them back, in many cases – they weren’t clear what was holding them back.
- Now you are in a position to handle the objection, reassure the prospect of the value you are offering, and present a plan for moving forward.
Now that you have clarity, the next step is for you to handle their objection and then get on with doing your job. Remember this… “Clarity Creates Action”. (Above questions from All the Right Words – Scripts & Dialogs)
Remember, providing that “nudge” doesn’t have to be aggressive or confrontational. Be one of those Salespeople who finds ways to make things happen – first by asking questions and secondly by offering comfortable, logical solutions.
Closing is all about helping them overcome their fears. Start by being conversational and asking these simple questions to provide clarity. Once that clarity shows up, action will follow. NO Excuses.
Quick Question: take a look at your lead board. What prospects do you have that “need a nudge”? Use the 3 questions and…let me how you made out. Looking forward to hearing about your successes!